Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Whats New Pussy Cat...

The great Texas yarn massacre!
This image arrived in my inbox from Lyn of her cheeky feline after it had been exploring in her knitting bag.  It got me to thinking about our pets, knits and what we could be doing for them this holiday period.
Renly looking regal in his Crocheted jumper
For the first time this year my husband allowed me to make a jumper for our Bulldog puppy to keep him warm over the Winter months - up until them I had been having to keep myself content with knitting for my best friends Devon Rex cat, (not the she particularly liked the outcome!).
Lily the Devon Rex wasn't especially keen about her jumpers.
There are though many wonderful patterns out there to knit for our pets - so I thought I would compile some links for you to get inspired about that projects you might want to cast on for your furry friends.
A plush sweater for a plush pussy.
Cats Love Sweaters by Christine Landry
A customizable free pattern to knit for your favourite feline - but be careful, these fashionistas can be fickle, make your yarn selections wisely!

Hooded up & ready for action!
If your cat has a more streetwise sense of fashion then you have to check out the Cat Hoodie by Kristin Roach.  With this pattern you'll have the toughest looking tabby in town.
You can be quite the smart Chihuahua about town in this.
If it's a dog you like to knit for you are spoiled for choice - there are patterns for little dogs (ie smaller than your average cat!) my personal favourite was this Nordic Dog sweater by The Knitting Traveler

Bright & Breezy 
If your dog is a little larger - I just love the Rainbow Pooch Sweater - as you could personalise it to reflect the mood of your particular pooch.

Or if you feeling like pushing the envelope you could always go for something a little more adventurous....
Dogosaurus Rex.... Really?!
Lion Dog... Hmmmmm
Lastly - a Hot Dog!

3 comments:

  1. I am looking for a jumper pattern for a Cornish Rex. I would like it to be full body length and have loops for the back legs. Do you have or know of somewhere to get such a pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Elf - check out Ravelry. The Cornish Rex I knitter for was a pattern that was written for a Maltese terrier, I just added extra length for the Rex.

      Delete